THE SAMURAI GORE® PYRAD® WILL CONVINCE YOU
ONCE YOU DISCOVER THE TECHNOLOGY
ELECTRIC ARC & FLAME RESISTANT
Electric arc and/or flash fire
Burn trauma, by open flame (burst) or arc flash, more than any other physical trauma, has a significant impact on the survivor’s emotional and mental wellbeing. Minimizing 2nd and 3rd degree burns is paramount.
In an arc-flash or flash fire event, AR/FR clothing helps to mitigate the extent of injury overall. In a flash fire, it also provides needed escape time. GORE-TEX PYRAD® fabric’s revolutionary self-extinguishing properties enable rainwear to maintain its physical integrity, even after direct exposure to arc-flash or flame.
WEATHER & WEIGHT
All benefits of the renowned GORE-TEX membrane in terms of 100% lasting waterproof (>28 m water column), wind stopping and superior breathability (RET of 8,3).
The incredible lightness of the fabric at about 1225 grams for our average sized parka (45% lighter than common electric arc class 2 parkas in the market-place), puts an absolute minimal burden on the crew’s back, having to deal already with several other PPE and tools…
Standards (Based on ebro laminate)
- Protective clothing against the thermal hazards of an electric arc. EN 61428-1-2 class 2(7kA), EN 61482-1-1 53 cal/cm² ATPV – ELIM 42 cal/cm²
- Clothing to protect against heat and flame, EN ISO 11612 A1, A2, B2, C1, D2, E1, F1 clauses 7.2 – 7.6 (code letters B, C, D, E, F) tested with 120 g/m² aramide/viscose(50:50) lining
- Protective clothing for use in welding and allied processes, EN ISO 11611 class 2 A1 clauses 6.8 – 6.10 tested with very light 120 g/m² aramide/viscose(50:50) lining
- High visibility Clothing, EN ISO 20471 HI-VIS yellow/orange/red
- Protect against rain, EN 343 class 3/3 – > 28m water column – 8.3 RET
- Electrostatic properties, EN 1149-3/-5
- Protective Clothing against Liquid Chemicals, EN 13034 Type 6
- Rain Tower Test, EN 14360
TCO, DURABILITY & CARE
Shirudo Arc and/or Flame?
As your crew can be exposed to several risks (ARC flash and/or open fire), SAMURAI offers the same designs in two different fabrics, EBRO or SHANNON fabric.
The EBRO fabric, holds all relevant certificates, including the EN 61428, where the SHANNON fabric does not.
Given the price difference (+20-25% for EBRO), this provides a savings opportunity where you can deploy the relevant level of protection instead of overprotecting and, in consequence, over-spending.
Production – Tailor made
Besides our general range of styles, we provide the opportunity to our customers to take a seat a the drawing table and express their demands. Extra pockets? Snow gaiters on the trousers ?An extra drawstring in the waist or at the bottom of the jacket? Within the boundaries of the certificates and the quality level SAMURAI® stands for, we will accommodate to your wishes at a unmatched minimal production volume of 50 units (!)
Product lifetime value
The GORE-TEX membrane is cold crack resistant in extreme low temperatures.
GORE® PYRAD® fabrics allow easy clean & care at 60°C for a minimum of 25 washing cycles (shannon), whilst maintaining its high levels of protection *. Our long time experience with this product in various end use applications since 2012, shows that the product lifetime value is up to 2,5 times higher than other conventional garments in the market. The high appreciation of the comfort level by the end-user leads to higher levels of care.
In case of an accidental tear, we provide a DIY repair kit to avoid unnecessary cost of replacement.
* Fluor carbon finish needs to be reapplied during laundering to maintain low water pick up and EN 13034 properties.