Why Samurai Gore® Pyrad® ?
All benefits of the renowned GORE-TEX membrane in terms of 100% lasting waterproofness (>15.000 Pa), wind stopping and superior breathability (RET of 8,3). The outer shell parka can be combined with FR fleece insulation for higher cold resistance results.
FLAME burst/ARC flash :
GORE® PYRAD® offers a high level of protection from arc flash and flash fire threats by balancing flame resistance, thermal insulation, and thermal stability, resulting in an astonishing 49,1 ATPV value. The unique technology self-extinguishes flames so that the fabric does not continue to burn longer than 5 seconds.
Stable char technology makes the parka to cover itself in a carbon shell when exposed to fire.
-Hot water/hot liquid splash and steam resistant
-Petroleum and oil based mud resistant
The incredible lightness of the fabric at about 1225 grams for our average sized parka (45% lighter than common parkas in the market-place), puts an absolute minimal burden on the crew’s back, having to deal already with several other PPE and tools…
The minimal absorption of moisture in rainy conditions makes the parka up to 50% lighter in wet conditions.
Waterproof (>15.000 Pa), windproof and breathable (8,3 RET)
Breathable for excellent transpiration moisture and heat-stress management.
Picture copyright © Gore ®
Durability & care
Abrasion & snag resistant
Cold crack resistant in extreme low temperatures
Easy clean & care with reduced risk of residual contaminants
The life cycle of the garment is up to 2,5 times longer than other conventional garments in the market. The high appreciation by the end-user leads to higher levels of care
- Protective clothing against the thermal hazards of an electric arc. EN 61428-1-2 class 2(7KA), EN 61482-1-1 49,1 cal/cm²
- Clothing to protect against heat and flame, EN ISO 11612 A1, A2, B2, C1, D3, E1, F1 clauses 7.2 – 7.6 (code letters B, C, D, E, F) tested with 120 g/m² aramide/viscose(50:50) lining
- Protective clothing for use in welding and allied processes, EN ISO 11611 class 2 A1 clauses 6.8 – 6.10 tested with 120 g/m² aramide/viscose(50:50) lining
- High visibility Clothing, EN ISO 20471 HI-VIS yellow/orange/red
- Protect against rain, EN 343 class 3/3 – >15.000 mm water column – 8.3 RET
- Electrostatic properties, EN 1149-3/-5
- Protective Clothing against Liquid Chemicals, EN 13034 Type 6
- Rain Tower Test, EN 14360
- GORE® PYRAD® fabric meets consistently or exceeds ASTM F1891 and/or ASTM 2733 standards. GORE® PYRAD® fabrics are available in high visibility colors that exceed the requirements of ANSI/ISEA 107-2015 and CSA Z95-15 specifications
Burn trauma, by open flame (burst) or arc flash, more than any other physical trauma, has a significant impact on the survivor’s emotional, and mental well being. Minimizing 2nd and 3rd degree burns are paramount.
Severe weather conditions in terms of wind, cold water or a combination of both, are major distractors in terms of focus (cold stress), awareness and performance on the job and can lead to unsafe situations leading to non-compliance to the obligation to wear multirisk clothing all together and seek alternative clothing by individual initiative.
Easy clean & care with reduced risk of residual contaminants at 60 degrees in a general domestic washing machine. Up to 40 washing cycles (Shannon fabric). Dry out period lower than 180 minutes.
(EBRO fabric up to 10 washing cycles)
Industries & Applications
By all means, our garments are exclusive to no specific area of deployment but in general, we believe that the best return on investment, or “return on safety”, if you will, can be found in the following settings:
- (Petro-)Chemical plants
- Energy production and distribution
- Fire fighting technical rescue
Production - Tailor made
Besides our general range of styles, we provide the opportunity to our customers to take a seat a the drawing table and express their demands. Extra pockets? Snow gaiters on the trousers ?An extra drawstring in the waist or at the bottom of the jacket? Within the boundaries of the certificats and the quality level SAMURAI® stands for, we will accommodate at a unmatched minimal production volume of 50 units (!)